Campus Safety is widely known for issuing parking permits and citations, but they do much more. Campus Safety provides many services to Fullerton College students such as:
- Issue Parking
- Jumpstart dead
- Unlock vehicles
(with proper identification from the owner).
- Handle the
campus’ lost and found inventory.
- Provide first
aid outside of Health Center hours.
- Provide information
for campus events or directions.
inspect campus buildings, roadways, lighting and grounds for safety.
Fullerton College Campus Safety Department also ensures our safety while on campus property. For example, here are some helpful safety tips for night students who may feel insecure walking to or from their vehicle after class:
· Walk in groups when possible or in areas with a lot of foot traffic.
· Carrying pepper spray or an alarm sound horn to attract people’s attention to your location if you find yourself in an unsafe situation.
· Keep Campus Safety on speed dial on your cell phone at all times.
· Students may call Campus Safety Emergency at 714-992-7777 to be escorted to their vehicle, class, or campus event 24/7 if they find themselves in an unsafe situation.
· Consider learning where the emergency phones are located on campus. Emergency phones are provided throughout campus and parking structures and can be located on any campus map with a picture of a phone icon.
· Park in a well-lit environment.
· If you see any suspicious activity, call Campus Safety.
· Always be aware of your surroundings and avoid taking shortcuts through dark, secluded areas.
When calling for help it is important to always provide your name, specific location, the phone number you are calling from and the situation so the operator can better assist you. Most importantly, never be the first to hang up in case there is more information to be provided.
There is a low crime rate on campus and is an overall safe environment, but it is always encouraged to know your surroundings and where emergency services are closely located.
The Director of Campus Safety states, “If there is anything that we in the Campus Safety Department can do to make your time at Fullerton College safer and more beneficial, please feel free to contact our office at (714) 992-7080 and press 0.”