If last weekend consisted of you staying home due to the rain; redeem yourself by going out this weekend! Here are your weekend happenings:
Friday, March 7
- Watch new release; 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Maverick Theater: La Cage Aux Folles. $15-$25. Musical every Fri.-Sun. until April 26. Maverick Theater.
- Constellation Room, Observatory: Con Bro Chill. $10. 8 p.m. Neon Dance Pop band. 3503 S. Harbor Blvd. Santa Ana.
- Long Beach Playhouse: The Translucent Frogs of Quup. $15 every Fri., Sat. until March 22.5021 E. Anaheim St. Long Beach.
- Tarte Vintage: Burger Revolution DTSA. $5… 2 weeks before they have their weekend-long concert “Burgerama” at the Observatory., join them at their party in the O.C. 206 E. 4th St. Ste. B Santa Ana
- The Yost Theater: Club Thriller 10-Year Reunion. $15/$20. A one day event of ultimate ‘80s club. 307 N. Spurgeon St. Santa Ana.
- Old Towne Orange Farmers & Artisans Market. FREE. 9 a.m. every Sat. Cypress & Palm Ave. in Orange.
- Mission San Juan Capistrano: Living History Day. Admission price. 2nd Sat. each month 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. 26801 Ortega Highway San Juan Capistrano.
Sunday, March 9
- The Continental Room: Chicano Batman Residency Night 2. FREE. Band with mix of Latino culture and Afro roots, mixing cumbia, funk, rock, and psych. 115 W. Santa Fe Ave. Fullerton.
- Rothick Art Haus: Dr. Sketchy’s Anti-Art School. $12. Every 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month the gallery hosts a life-drawing class with an edgier twist adding music, booze and more. 170 S. Harbor Anaheim.
- Crystal Cove State Park: Family Nature Walk. $15. 9 a.m. 8471 N. Coast Highway Laguna Beach.
- Holiday Inn:Doll Show Featuring Barbie Dolls. $5. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 7000 Beach Blvd. Buena Park.