Fullerton College will host Undocumented Student Week of Action on Monday, Oct. 14-18. This week is recognized statewide to advocate and provide support resources for our undocumented student population, organized by the Community College League of California.
There will be a variety of events hosted by the Cadena Cultural Center and Grads to Be Program during the week that include webinars viewings, workshops and presentations. Additionally, students can register for webinars to view on their personal computers.
On Campus events:
Monday, Oct. 14
- UndocuAlly Training at 12 – 1:30 p.m. in Room 227
Learn about the needs and concerns of AB 540 and Undocumented students.
- Webinar Viewing: Immigrants Rising, Paying for College: Financial Aid and Scholarships at 2 – 3 p.m. in Room 229
Tuesday, Oct. 15
- Indigenous People’s Day Presentation at 3 – 5 p.m. in Room 229
Presenters: Michelle Castillo & Dr. Boj Lopez
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- College Fair at 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the quad
Thursday, Oct. 17
- Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen at 1:30 – 2:45 p.m. in Room 1420
Join in the discussion of the award winning book by Jose Antonio Vargas. Attendees are encouraged to have read the book by discussion date.
Friday, Oct. 18
- Financial Aid Workshop (CA Dream Act) at 12 – 1:30 p.m. in Room 2029
Webinar Viewing: Immigrants Rising, Healing Through Art: The Emotional Expression of Art in Social Justice at 2 – 3 p.m. in Room 229
Webinar Viewing: Tales of an Undocumented Student at 3 – 4 p.m. in Room 229
Additional Webinars available for students to view are presented by Immigrants Rising:
Tuesday, Oct. 15 – Accessing Reputable Legal Support.
Wednesday, Oct. 16 – The UndocuHustle: Building Something Out of Nothing
Thursday, Oct. 17 – Thriving with Fear & Building Resilience
All webinars take place 2 – 3 p.m. Students can access them below at https://bit.ly/2mYUAKR under “Webinar Registation.”